My Photo
Name:
Location: Huaraz, Ancash, Peru

Having mastered the University of Montana's IYFD program, I journeyed to Peru with the US Peace Corps. Currently, I'm discovering Peru while living in the gorgeous Andes mountains in beautiful Ancash. Come visit!

Monday, July 25, 2005

Cruel Summer

It has been such a trying summer. I've been up. I've been down. I've been a lot "in between." I'm so sick of sitting at the edge of what seems to be a life. I feel in limbo and completely discontent of all that has happened and hasn't happened. And I know I'm not alone. Several friends have said that their summer has been the same way. A lot of nothing.

It's been difficult to get motivated to read my Bible, let alone to write this blog. And yet, something in the back of my head screams to me to write like I know I can. To write all that I'm feeling and thinking. And something in the front of me builds up walls that prevent me from doing anything at all. I'm not sure where I'm going with this.

The truth is, God is still present. In the midst of this nothingness I can sense Him waiting patiently for me to put aside the world that hinders and holds me back, in order to truly embrace Him. I'll confess, I'm not entirely ready to do that. But prayer is more powerful and abundant than ever and so is His grace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home