My Photo
Name:
Location: Huaraz, Ancash, Peru

Having mastered the University of Montana's IYFD program, I journeyed to Peru with the US Peace Corps. Currently, I'm discovering Peru while living in the gorgeous Andes mountains in beautiful Ancash. Come visit!

Monday, May 16, 2005

When the Praise Runs Out

"Praise the Lord, all you nations!
Extol him, all you peoples!
For great is his steadfast love toward us,
and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever.
Praise the Lord!"

Psalm 117

I had a rough week last week. For some reason, Thursday was the worst day I've experienced in months. And it certainly started pretty early, by the time I had walked to work from the bus station I was almost in tears. But you know what I learned? When I'm feeling down, praise is a good place to start. I sadly forgot this theme for the first part of my Thursday, but I haven't forgotten it since. My life still isn't looking so pretty, but whenever I get down, I turn to the Psalms and you know what I find, writers who know exactly what I'm talking about.

"I love the Lord, because he has heard
my voice and my supplications...

Gracious is the Lord, and righteous;
our God is merciful.
The Lord protects the simple;
when I was brought low, he saved me.
Return, O my soul, to your rest,
for the Lord has dealt bountifully with you.

For you have delivered my soul from death,
my eyes from tears,
my feet from stumbling.
I walk before the Lord
in the land of the living.
I kept my faith, even when I said,
'I am greatly afflicted';
I said in consternation,
'Everyone is a liar.'

What shall I return to the Lord
for all his bounty to me?
I will lift up the cup of salvation
and call on the name of the Lord,
I will pay my vows to the Lord
in the presence of all his people."

Psalm 116:1 & 5-14

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home