My Photo
Name:
Location: Huaraz, Ancash, Peru

Having mastered the University of Montana's IYFD program, I journeyed to Peru with the US Peace Corps. Currently, I'm discovering Peru while living in the gorgeous Andes mountains in beautiful Ancash. Come visit!

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Be still...

"Stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord" Exodus 14:13

Pretty good advice considering how much work I always feel I have to do to actually see the salvation of the Lord. I put so much pressure on myself "to do," "to accomplish," "to succeed" at everything, but that's not God's call on our life. The call is to allow God to work through us. Now I'm not advocating the sit there and do nothing mentality. God is not lax, but he should be in control. I need to remember that he, not me, is the key to salvation. And he does not need me, but he loves me - and that is even greater.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home