My Photo
Name:
Location: Huaraz, Ancash, Peru

Having mastered the University of Montana's IYFD program, I journeyed to Peru with the US Peace Corps. Currently, I'm discovering Peru while living in the gorgeous Andes mountains in beautiful Ancash. Come visit!

Monday, March 07, 2005

In Sickness and In Health

I am really sick. I'm never sick, but right now I am sounding awful. I'm tired. I'm hungry, but I can't eat because I'm also naseus. Who doesn't want to be me right now.

There is nothing like sickness to bring out the inner child in all of us. There I was unable to sleep, in immense pain, naseus, and all together feeling the worse I've felt in years and all I wanted was to talk to my mom. Mind you it was 3:00 am, and I'm pretty sure she wouldn't want to be woken up in the middle of the early morning. I can remember when I was sick as a child my mother was always there to take care of me. She could hear my cry from one story difference whenever I was feeling bad, and it didn't matter back then...whether it was just a headache or I was very sick. And that's how I felt last night very, very sick. It was a struggle to not pick up the phone. In truth, it was a struggle to pick up anything and all I wanted was my mommy for a little comfort and consoling. But I resisted.

So I was in a bind. I needed something to take care of me, and I certainly hate being alone and sick. I've been reading a book by Max Lucado called Traveling Light. And it's a pretty neat little study on Psalm 23. So I found myself in the midst of my pain and suffering reciting "Yea, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death I will fear no evil for thy rod and thy staff comfort me." And he truly does comfort me. He is the great Shepherd and Comforter. And I found myself blissfully nodding off to sleep. And the great thing about calling up God, rather than calling up my mom, was that I'm pretty sure I didn't wake him up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home